In this episode, I talk with Shane Cradock. Shane has many roles. He is a Business, Life & Sports Coach, a Consultant, a Public Speaker, a Playwright, an Author and a self-professed Messer!
From the very start of the conversation, we dived into interesting topics from Shane’s work life and personal journey. Shane very openly and honestly talks about some of the struggles and challenges he faced in his early twenties that changed his direction in life which has lead him to his life’s work of helping others.
In 1995, Shane had a change in direction and started to focus on doing what he enjoys, making an impact and taking action. Over the next few years, Shane worked towards leaving the corporate world and set up a practice in helping others.
Shane has become obsessed with learning and personal development ever since, improving his mental and spiritual awareness. He notes he’s spent over $300k on personal development over the last two decades.
Shane believes that we are only scratching the surface of what we can achieve and has had great experiences working with clients that have set outrageously big goals and visions and have realized them. The key is to give yourself the permission to dream.
Shane has released an updated version of his book called Inspire Me: Life Wisdom to Pass on! I was looking forward to him sharing some wisdom and 1% better practices that you could take onboard to help you improve and he didn’t disappoint.
During the conversation, we touched on many topics including:
- Becoming an obsessive learner
- Influencers from the initial stages of his journey – Brian Tracy, Tony Quinn & Tony Robbins
- The future of business and how this links closely with personal development
- Mindfulness & Meditation practices including Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- NLP (Neurolinguistics Programming) & Learning how to Clear the mind!
- The power of the Mind which is an asset we don’t utilize fully
- From experience, what are the Habits of highly successful people
- The Benefits of Slow Walking to help calm the mind and relieve stress
- The Difference and Similarities working with C-Level and Entrepreneurs
- The Metaphor of the Rocks in the Jar & how to identify what is important and of value
- Discovering the Vision & Meaning of Values
- The power of setting the vision and giving yourself permission to achieve it!
- Moving away for the Ego to the Eco!
- The Power of Intention and Experience of higher forces out there!
- The Development and Growth of Meaningful work and Spiritual Conversations in the Workplace
- Bringing more meaning and purpose into the workplace for the workforce
- Learning from Elon Musk’s Business Coach
- Learning to Say No
- Wrap up questions On:
- A Typical Day
- Sleep Patterns & Importance
- Work Patterns
- Blocking time for fun
- Importance of having time to do nothing
If you’d like to know more about Shane and what he does, feel free to connect by:
Thank you so much for taking the time to listen, subscribing to the podcast and for sharing it within your own personal and professional network.