Welcome to the 864 Podcast.
This one is a little bit different. Here the primary focus is on Bikram Yoga.
In reality, it’s more about the story of Bikram Yoga and how Julia Henderson, my guest and producer of the 30 for 30 podcast series on Bikram Yoga, came up with the idea for this show, the challenges she faced over the 18 month project, what she learned during it and where she’s at currently.
Since we recorded, Julia has been touring the world and has rightly so been received huge praise for the work she’s done with this show.
If you haven’t listened to it yet, do. After this show obviously. Links to the 30 for 30 Bikram series with the show notes below.
Below is the summary of our conversation:
- The Background to the story – Julia had done so much Bikram Yoga in the past.
- For a couple of years, managing a Bikram Studio
- Using Bikram to unwind and destress
- The effort and exertion that it takes really hardened her up and got so much done in that period – a sense of accomplishment and validation
- Pitching the Yoga Story – was very unsure about how this would go over!
- The bigger themes were coming out and it was key – met with support
- The most challenging part of the journey?
- Any point where this could be an end?
- Meeting with Bikram Choudhry – the feelings around this?
- Learning about yourself? Resilience, Tenacity and Pushing Through!
Note, we recording it back in in June, hence the world cup reference.
Thank you, Julia! This was one I had been looking forward to releasing for a long while!
The full 30 for 30 series on Bikram is here – https://30for30podcasts.com/bikram/
Connect/Follow Julia on Twitter here
Her website http://www.julialowriehenderson.com
PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK VIA THE FEEDBACK PAGE OR ANY OF THE SOCIALS – LINKS BELOW:
Become a member of the Rob of the Green Newsletter!