Dr. Binder is board certified by both the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery. With over 30 years of experience specializing in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery, Dr. Binder’s Beverly Hills practice is one of the most experienced and most trusted in the country.
Getting to understand what it’s like to be a Plastic Surgeon in Hollywood was something I was very interested in diving into. Dr. Binder shares his unique perspective.
He talks about always making the Young Surgeons watch ‘Hero Dreams of Sushi’, Discovering Botox and having the conviction to bring it into the market and having unwavering belief when he knew there would be push back, criticism and other detractors.
A full summary of our conversation is below:
- What’s it like working as a plastic surgeon in Hollywood
- Treating everyday like an epic day to fulfil a goal
- Early life Plans & Ambitions
- Admiration for his Uncle as role model growing up
- Medicine having a huge interest for Dr. Binder
- What are the characteristic that make a good surgeon
- What makes Hero the best Sushi chef in the world?
- The Importance of the Bell Shaped Curve
- The responsibility aspect was a draw to medicine
- Medicine is very much a rote for the first 4 years – learning
- Surgery then allows for some creativity where as medicine doesn’t
- Surgery and being able to think in 3D
- Listening and knowing what the Patience wants?
- Getting into the head of the patient before any surgeon
- Having issues with plastic surgery clinics – there is no cookie cutter way for surgery!
- Core Values of Tenacity, Hard work, and persistence
- Discovering Botox and pushing hard for 2 years on his own study to get this into mainstream
- 10 year process to convince establish minds to use Botox
- Thinking outside the Box
- Where does the Tenacity Come from? Work Ethic
- Knowing you will have to make sacrifice to see through great results
- Answering the questions – does this make sense?
- Learning how to do facelifts 25 years ago?
- Having ‘Great Hands’ in Surgery – this is true and needed to be a great surgeon
- Duration of a face lift and how to stay focused for 5+ hours
- Focus & Getting into a state of Flow
- Preparation is key – dealing with the pressures of surgery
- Perfection v Good enough? – always striving for perfection – You have to!
- As the captain of the ship, you need to have everything in place!
- The importance of evaluating the Patient for realistic and unrealistic expectations
- The best piece of advice ever been given?
- Fear & Anxiety are the best friends you get?
- Managing both with Planning & Visualization
- If not Plastic Surgery, what else? Innovate Innovate Innovate.
Get in touch with Dr. Binder
Email – [email protected]
Phone – +310 858 6749
Website: https://doctorbinder.com/ (contains a lot of rich content about Dr. B, his procedures, and press mentions with quotes)