LISTEN TO 1% BETTER ON ANY OF THESE PODCAST PLATFORMS OR JUST CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO HEAR THIS EPISODE DIRECTLY!
James Moffat is an Entrepreneur and lives in Berne, Switzerland.
After a number of years working in technical sales and travelling across Europe, he had a turning in his life. Shortly after getting married and starting a family, this turning point came when he was blessed with twins. So now with 3 kids under 3, his job that required a lot of travel wasn’t viable. Adding to this, having little or no support in Switzerland, he need to have a career rethink and figure out what to do next. It was from here, James figured out his purpose, or his Ikigai.
James shares his story, lessons learned and hopes for the future with his business which helps Business Owners and aspiring Entrepreneurs take that leap of faith on their path to greatness, and how creating interactive stories with his kids has opened up a host of new opportunities for him.
The key topics covered are summarized below:
- Finding purpose
- The power of having a coach
- Learning about Ikigai & the 5 pillars
- The blue zones in the world matching to the Ikigai
- The Pillars of Ikigai
Pillar 1: Starting small → Focusing on the details.
Pillar 2: Releasing yourself → Accepting who you are.
Pillar 3: Harmony and sustainability → Relying on others.
Pillar 4: The joy of little things → Appreciating sensory pleasure.
Pillar 5: Being in the here and now → Finding your flow.
- The difference between living and existence
- Dealing with stress and depression
- 6 weeks of coaching and tools used
- Figuring out WHO you are?
- The power of reflecting back to childhood to figure out who you are and what you’re good at?
- 4 key areas – love, good at, need for, and earn money from!
- Remembering Storytelling as a passion when young and working to rediscover this
- The coaching experience being a very positive experience
- Making stories memorable
- Creating Interactive Stories to Business and Personal Use
- Coaching and personal change – takes time & hard work
- Finding a mentor in Kevin Harrington, an original Shark Tank member
- This lead to the idea of setting up his company, Visibility Impact.
- Creating a radio show for new businesses on radio in Switzerland
- Bringing storytelling and making it interactive with his son Tom
- Using creativity and ideas from talking with his son and developing new stories
- Creating the ‘Marvellous adventures of Tom and Dodo’
- Releasing audio books and now teaching parents the art of interactive story telling
- Developing a framework for the interactive stories and sticking to a specific theme
- Moving from Tease, Please, Seize to Connect, Communicate & Convert
- Using the same framework to assist businesses and entrepreneurs with their own Storytelling
- Focusing on the 3 C’s again and ensuring you’re reaching the desired outcome (convert) by connecting (creating the initial meeting) and then communicating the story to those that are your target audience.
- Telling stories that are engaging and leaving people want to know more!
- How do you get audience to buy from you? You need
- To be visible
- To be credible
- To be authentic
- To be trustworthy
- Combine these with your story and you’re onboard
- The power of the gut – the second brain – something we should leverage more!
More on James:
Founder / Visibility Awareness Stimulator
+41 79 454 56 62