OR LISTEN TO THE SHOW ON ANY OF THESE POPULAR PODCAST PLATFORMS (AND DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE):
Hi again & welcome to the series on Emotional Intelligence.
Hope you’ve enjoyed the intro and the discussion on self with Zelda.
Now that we’ve got Self covered, (go back and listen if you haven’t), I feel more clear on the discussion around awareness as it relates to self & the idea of emotional awareness.
Psychologist Daniel Goleman proposed a popular definition of self-awareness in his best-selling book “Emotional Intelligence,” as “knowing one’s internal states, preference, resources, and intuitions.”
In this episode, I cover the following key areas (with some rough timings).
- 0 mins to 3mins – Intro
- 3 mins to 6:40 mins – Extracts from books and articles
- 6:40 mins to 13 mins – What is Self-Awareness
- 13 mins to 18:30 mins – Examples of Self-Awareness
- 18:30 mins to 25 mins – Awareness v Self-Awareness
- 25 mins to 35:45 mins – Self-Consciousness
- 21 rules for the 21st century – Yuval Noah Harrari
- Emotional Intelligence – by Daniel Goleman
If you’re interested in more details on what was covered in this episode, would like to explore your own Emotional Intelligence deeper, I’d be happy to discuss this further and look at coaching opportunities.
Please do get in touch via email at [email protected] or connect in over any of the social channels – @robofthegreen