Welcome to the 1% Better Podcast with my guest Paula ‘Paz’ Tooths!
Paula has had quite a varied and fascinating career so far. From journalism, TV Production, Event Management, Human Rights Research, Life and Business Coaching, Authoring books developing Wellness and Social Media Influencing. She is also a Mother.She is originally from Sao Paulo, Brazil, but her career so far has brought her far and wide.
I connected with Paula earlier this year as I was interested in learning more about her career as well as her experience in the area of social media. As she has a following on Twitter of almost half a million, I was keen to understand her strategy and approaches to that.
While that was the original interest, as Paula talks through her career, I began to realize there was a lot more to her than just having nearly half a million followers on twitter.
During our broad ranging conversation, I learned a lot about Paula’s positive approach to life, her passion for learning and always looking to help others.
I recorded this interview on International Day of happiness (20thMarch) which was a fitting day as Paula does look towards finding happiness.
Just some of the key points we discussed include:
- Leading with a positive mindset
- Life challenges with an Autistic Son and how she’s worked to keep positive
- A career in TV & Communications skills
- The importance of team work
- Executive Producing Events including a Red Hot Chilli Peppers concert
- Dealing with the demands of performers
- Project Management & Event Management
- Taking on a new challenge in the area of Human Rights research in Kosovo
- Seeing first hand that atrocities that war can bring and how strong people can be
- Moving back to London and starting out in the area of Social Media and Marketing
- Developing Social Media Strategies in Facebook and Twitter while still early days with both platforms
- Training in Homeopathy
- Becoming an author in 2013 and publishing a series of books
- Having a busy mind and always looking for ways to be positive
- As a life & business coach, finding ways to help others via social media
- Fighting for her customers & followers rights though social media
- What a typical day looks like?
- Paz’s 2 main pleasures in life
- Helping others be successful through coaching
- Cooking for others
- What does the future hold?
- Concerns about Brexit and how it could impact her future
- Having a plan B, C, D & E
- Holding her Mother as her greatest influencer over her life!
- Advice that stands out from her past!
1% Better Takeaways:
- Learn to be happy – this is the biggest secret!
- The Theory of the 5 in Social Media
- Have 5 ideas online every day
- 3 from others
- 2 from you – 1 with business & 1 about you!
- Always have a Plan B
- Social Media advice from her experience so far
- Consistency is key across all your platforms – same picture, bio and header!!!
- Focus on Instagram is exploding – more video is great
- Build out a strategy but be open to test out posts at different times
- Use of tools like Hootsuite can be very useful if you’re building a full on strategy
- Twitter is becoming a platform of complaints!
- The use of Tor Project online for positive results
- Be genuine with your followers and engage with them
- Have 5 ideas online every day
Twitter – @paulatooths
Please do let me know what you think via the feedback page or any of the socials – links below:
You can also listen to the show on either of the below: