Welcome to the show.
This week’s interview is with Relationships Expert, Susan Winter. This is the first episode I’ve done that focuses primarily on relationships and, I can safely say, Susan is a guru and thought leader in this every changing space.
About Susan. She’s been a guest on Oprah, has a list of media credits that covers about every News show, magazine and paper that I’ve ever heard of, is a best-selling author (Allowing Magnificence and Older Women/Younger Men), she specializes in evolutionary forms of loving partnership and higher thinking, and is in high demand.
She’s just had over 10 millions view on YouTube where she posts short informative videos on relationship challenges and how to improve in your loving partnerships.
During the hour, we talk about everything on relationships from online dating, cultural challenges, and new terms like Bread Crumbing, Catfishing, and of course Ghosting! I’ve shared links to Susan site, and social platforms at the bottom of these notes.
I really enjoyed this one as you’ll probably detect from it and I learned a lot. I’m sure you’ll take something from it too that will make your relationships more than 1% Better.
Check out the high-level summary of the topics covered below:
- Always having a passion for communication
- Beginning by interpreting others and then finding her own voice
- Author of Older Women and Younger Men
- Always looking to learn and move forward
- How to honour the process of curiosity – these will take us to new and fertile terrorist
- Adding new skills to the current expertise pool
- Look to expand the career rather than abandoning it
- Online dating discussed with topics like ‘Catfishing’, ‘Ghosting’ & ‘Bread crumbing’
- The Getting to Partnership Cycle has changed
- Dismantling the traditional archetype of relationships
- The psychology behind ‘Catfishing’ – why this is a thing?
- The ‘When Harry Met Sally’ situation
- Purpose & Goals of Relationships
- What was never needed in the past are vitally needed today?
- Clarity in the relationship and impacting on romance
- The Honeymoon Phase and the Glow of Perfection
- The importance of understanding oneself
- Working with Clients from different cultures, eg – Arab countries
- Cultural & Religious expectations with clients
- The main reasons relationships fail – expectation setting?
- Fate v Determinism are key
- The role of Intuition
- The importance of Timing
- How does Susan check in and self-manage?
- Goal Setting
- Following her own advice & self-coach
- Women as Combination locks!
- Valentines & ‘Galentines’ Day!
- Relationship structures & a la carte relationships
- Authenticity and relationships
- Most Important Lessons learned recently?
- At the end of the day, you’re going to be ok!
- Age and Wisdom!
- Cliché that you believe in?
- I won’t be less because you can’t be more!!
- What’s next for Susan?
Get a copy of either/both of Susan’s books:
- Older Women, Younger Men – https://amzn.to/2HIvCbX
- Allowing Magnificence – https://amzn.to/2Wxqg6B
Check out more on Susan across Social Media:
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/susan_e_winter
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Jb8Z7yJS9mXqF37Dcm2HQ
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/susan-winter-033a433/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/authorsusanwinter/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/susanewinter/?hl=en
- Website – https://www.susanwinter.net/