LISTEN TO 1% BETTER ON ANY OF THESE PODCAST PLATFORMS OR JUST CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW TO HEAR THIS EPISODE DIRECTLY!
Vicky Shilling is a coach, helping wellness entrepreneurs turn their business ideas into reality. Vicky supports her clients through 1:1 coaching, online masterclasses and runs a thriving online community of health and wellbeing business owners. She teaches and lectures about starting a wellness business in both the UK and Ireland.
Vicky is also the co-founder of wellness and retreat brand The Reset and writes her own healthy living blog The Flourishing Pantry, which won Health Blog Of The Year 2019 at the Nutrition Health & Fitness Awards.
This is a really interesting insight to her journey so far as an entrepreneur and how she’s helping others on their own path!
Summary of the discussion:
- Growing up exposed to the world of classical music
- Working in the Music Industry but sensing a change was needed after a decade working in London & the UK
- Realising that looking after her own health and wellness had to become a priority
- Starting from my blog and sharing my own journey to find health overcoming IBS
- Introducing meditation and mindfulness into her routine to help with the IBS
- Out of looking at ways to be more healthy and eat better, the new world of wellness opened up for Vicky
- A move into the area of Wellness followed
- Moving to Ireland and starting out with a new community
- Getting comfortable with being an entrepreneur
- Building out her own brand and developing new skills
- A new mindset – this was the biggest challenge faced!
- Personal Development Tools used – 750words website & journaling
- The importance of having a coach herself
- The role project management, planning and focus plays in her business – Communication at the core
- Dealing with the voice inside your head
- Lesson learned so far!
- Coaching Experiences and Key Tools to use
- The Model – Brooke Castillo – https://thelifecoachschool.com/video/video-the-model-part-1/
- Creating goals and breaking these down into small manageable steps
- Knowing that we can change our thoughts if we give ourselves a chance!
- Dealing with the Perfection v Good enough struggle
- Learning new skills and becoming a teacher to others
- Sales – Moving from being uncomfortable about Selling to be feeling less icky?
- Making Sales a conversation and listen more (coaching) – not about the hard sell!
- Social Media Learning & growing her network
- Getting clear on where your audience it?
- What do you enjoy doing and match that to your platform
- Build a Know, Like and Trust factor into the work
- Creation of content and looking at ways how to reuse it
- Starting out with Podcasting and how to reuse content
- Biggest challenges you’re finding in business?
- Goal setting and discipline to help when working from home
- How to plan for the week and day ahead?
- Influencers and Mentors – keeping things simple as a key message!!!
- Dealing with Fear – for herself and helping clients? – What am I afraid of?
- Listening to her own advice is key
You can find Vicky and her brands online:
The Flourishing Pantry
Healthy living for busy entrepreneurs